- Name: Charter Request Limited
- Address: 7 ½ Commercial Buildings, St Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands JE2 3NB
- Tel: 0330 133 2859
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Charter Request Limited collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to a newsletter, contact us via telephone or email, or create an account and use our services.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Office of the Information Commissioner (OIC), the Jersey supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.oicjersey.org). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the OIC so please contact us in the first instance.
Definitions and interpretation
|Data||Collectively all information that you submit to Charter Request Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws. For the avoidance of doubt, a user’s data includes any data posted to the website by them – which may include their own clients’ data.|
|Cookies||A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).|
|Data Protection Laws||Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.|
|Charter Request Limited, or us, or we||Charter Request Limited, a company incorporated in Jersey with registered number 131528 whose registered office is at 7 ½ Commercial Buildings, St Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands JE2 3NB|
|Service||The use of this website
(http://www.charterrequest.com/) and its features
|User or you||Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Charter Request Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Charter Request Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services (including but not limited to aircraft operators, yacht operators, customers, members of the public). This includes users who do not have an account on the website.|
|Website||The website that you are currently using, charterrequest.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Charter Request Limited is the "data controller". This means that Charter Request Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms and conditions of this website and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with full use of the services offered by the website). In this case, you may have breached our terms and conditions in which instance, we will not be liable for any loss of service and we may have to cancel a subscription or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
What data we collect
6. We currently collect the following Data from you:
- Name (full name, first name, maiden name, last name, business name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title)
- Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Gender, Job title, Passport details
- Notification, marketing and communication preferences
- contact Information such as email addresses, residential address and telephone numbers
- curriculum vitae/resume and supporting documentation
- contractual details of employees or contractors (such as salary, position, start and end dates)
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Financial and transaction data including bank account and payment card details
- Details of operator certificates, charter licences, aircraft registrations, yacht names
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may wish to publish website user statistics (number of clicks per day etc.). However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we shall treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not ordinarily collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
How we collect Data
7. We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you (be that by post, phone, email, via creating an account on the website, via the website’s internal messaging system, subscribing to publications, giving us feedback or otherwise); and
- data is collected automatically e.g. through using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive such Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies; and
- Third Parties or publicly available sources including but not limited to: analytics providers, search information providers, social media pixels and advertising networks any or all of whom may be based either inside or outside of the EU.
- In some cases, we also collect data indirectly, by hand, from publicly available sources such as Google or individual company websites for the purpose of adding that information to our database including the names, addresses, emails and telephone numbers of users including Yacht Operators and Aircraft Operators.
Data that is given to us by you
8. Charter Request Limited will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
9. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, your login data, times, time zone setting and location, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Why we collect Data
10. Under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018, the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by emailing us at: email@example.com
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below) and you also have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
The legal basis’ we use to process your data are:
We have a legal obligation
We have a contractual obligation
We have a legitimate interest. Any processing of data based on legitimate interests will be for at least one of the following purposes:
- To recover debts owed to us
- To keep our records updated
- To study how customers use our products/services
- To attract new staff to our business
- To develop and grow our business
- To develop our marketing strategy
- For running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise
11. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- to create an account on the website
- for internal record keeping
- to use the service including saving information within your account (passenger/yacht/aircraft details etc)
- improvement of our products / services
- to collect and manage payments, fees and charges
- to suggest other products and services that may be of interest to you
- asking you to partake in a survey or competition
- answering your query
- verifying you are who you say you are
- sending you notifications if you subscribe to them
- marketing data for targeted social media adverts
- to customise our site to meet your needs using cookies
- comply with legal, tax and regulatory obligations
Who we share Data with
12. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party payment providers to process payments;
- any present, past or future sister or group company of Charter Request Limited (including Handling Request Limited) for the purposes of using or promoting their products and services, as part of our regular reporting activities on the company, for system maintenance support and for compliance with imposed regulations.
- any customs, law enforcement, other government organisation or regulatory agency upon their request, if we are legally obliged to do so.
- We do not send your data to any third country or international organisation (that is, to organisations or individuals outside of Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, the UK, Europe or any other country that has “adequacy” status).
- We may share your data to our software development partners if its required to provide the service. At this time, our software partners are Imara Software Solutions, 20/1, Lane # 9, Poles Road, Puttalam
Who you share Data with
13. The user may choose to share data directly with any other third party user on the website. For example, a customer may share data with an aircraft operator or yacht operator and vice versa. Such data may include passport information, names, addresses, contact information, dates, times and travel plans. They do so at their own risk. Information is transmitted via a secure encrypted link and may be made available to other official government boarder agencies. Please note, your name only is readily viewable to all operators who use our site once you have submitted a charter request.
16. Should you receive data from a third party user on the site (for example, an aircraft operator receiving dates, times, travel plans and passenger passport information), then you are bound by the general Terms and Conditions under the website’s user agreement and as such, must not copy, store, replicate nor use any such information contained within the website for any purpose except for performing the functions required under the terms and conditions, unless otherwise required by law.
How we store your information
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
18. we store your Data on secure servers, either on our own servers or on those owned and managed by a trusted partner such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
19. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
22. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
24. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us in writing via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
25. Certain data can be removed by clicking the appropriate delete button within your account. When pressing this button, sensitive data is erased and cannot be retrieved. Once the data is submitted to the other users, we have no control over it from that point.
26. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights above). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
27. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights above). This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. To expedite our response, we reserve the right to contact you for further information in relation to your request.
28. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. If your request is particularly complex, or you have made a number of requests, it may take us longer than a month. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated as to our progress.
How to Complain
29. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For Jersey this is the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner (JOIC). Address: 2nd Floor, 5 Castle Street, St Helier, Jersey JE2 3R. Telephone: +44 1534 716530. Email: email@example.com
30. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
33. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
34. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
36. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current United Kingdom and EU Cookie Law.
37. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Charter Request Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
38. This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
39. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
40. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
41. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including personalisation settings.
42. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
43. For more information, generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
46. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
47. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Jersey, Channel Islands. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Jersey courts.
You may contact Charter Request Limited by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.Analytical/performance
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.|
|_dc_gtm_GTM-M64ZKTR||Used to throttle request rate.|
|AMP_TOKEN||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.|
|_gac_GTM-M64ZKTR||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts, Google Ads website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.|
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on your computer or mobile device that contains data related to a website you visit. It may allow a website to “remember” your actions or preferences over a period of time, or it may contain data related to the function or delivery of the site and which are deleted the moment you move away from the website. These are known as “persistent” and “session” Cookies. Cookies can be set by the owner of the website or in some cases by third party services the website owner allows to present other information, run content or provide other functionality such as analytics. Some Cookies are essential to make the website work properly and look as it should - others are not.
How do I change cookie settings?
Within your browser you can choose whether you wish to accept Cookies or not. You can do this at any time. Different browsers make different controls available to you and so we provide links below to popular manufacturers' instructions on how you can do this. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete Cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use (‘third party Cookies’), or those from specific websites.Google Chrome
How to complain
You can also complain to the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner (JOIC) if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal data.JOIC’s address:
5 Castle Street
+44 (0) 1534 716530